'T'index Info/FAQ's Daily Update Posters Puzzles Traders News

Live At Toad's
source: 1/12/90
Side one: 

Walk a mile in my shoes (Joe South)
One more cup of coffee(Not listed on box)
Rainy Day Women No. 12 and 35 
Trouble No More (M.Morganfield)

Side two: 
I've been all around this world (Trad.)
Political world 
Where teardrops fall 
Tears of rage 

Side three: 
I dreamed  I saw St. Augustine 
It takes a lot to laugh 
Everybody 's movin' (Glen Trout)
Watchin'  the river flow 
What was it you wanted 

Side four: 
Oh babe it ain't no lie (Beth Cotten)
Lenny Bruce 
I believe in you 
Man of peace 
Across the border line (Ry Cooder/John Hiatt)

Side five: 
Leopard skin pill box hat 
All along the watchtower 
Tight connection to my heart 
Political world 

Side six: 
What good am I? 
Wiggle wiggle 
Stuck inside of Mobile 
Paid the price (Moon Martin
Help me make it through the night(Kristofferson)

Side seven: 
Man in the long black coat 
Congratulations
Dancin' in the dark (Springsteen)
Lonesome whistle (Williams/Davies)

Side eight: 
Confidential (Dorinda Morgan)
In the garden 
Everything is broken 
So long, good luck & goodbye (W.Rogers)
Where teardrops fall 
© 1999-2002 Craig Pinkerton Bobsboots.com
View enlarged images below

Front
Album
Back
Information: © 1999-2002 Craig Pinkerton Bobsboots.com
This 1990 USA release is a real promising looking box, but it doesn't deliver. It's a low-quality audience recording. It contains 36 of the mind blowing 50 songs that were performed that cold night in New Haven, Connecticut.
This is another piece from a conglomerate of interrelated Labels that I collectively refer to as "East Coast". The label is a reproduction of the old LA based Ebb Records, however, this conglomerate usually changed Label names every time they issued a title. 
Super nice full printed reproduction labels. 
Nice cover photo of Bob from Hearts Of Fire. 
Back cover lists songs. The main problem with the cover (front and back) is that they are simply paper glue-ons. Some tend to bubble and/or wrinkle.
The vinyl is horrible.  Lots of pits, paper, etc. 
2-3 stars     NMP60
Matrix: BDT-01-A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H
New Haven Nightmare
A true story by Craig Pinkerton
I was feeling pretty good on this crisp Saturday  morning in the middle of January. Things seemed a little less hectic in those pre-internet days. There was less to fuss over, but there were few ways to obtain instant information as well. The world was a lot bigger place then. As I pulled into the quaint college town on my cross country business run, I felt an air of excitement. I was at the first stop of what should prove a very profitable east coast run. As I approached the first business of this trip, the owner came running toward me with arms flailing and a smile that had completely swallowed his face. This might be a bigger deal than I was even hoping for! "You're not gonna believe it!!!" he spit all over my Agnona cashmere, "Dylan was at Toad's last night!!" "What and where on earth is a Toad?" I inquired, trying to overlook my moist apparel. "Right down York street.. over there!" "Here!? Dylan was here last night?!" "Yea! It was incredible to see him in a little club! Little club? I thought.. now he's just yankin' my chain. I thought about the nice, warm Marriott where I had enjoyed a quiet evening of television. Still, I was becoming increasingly apprehensive of the persistence of this gag. Dylan wouldn't really play at a 'Toad' thing-a-ma-whatever... Would he?... "I'm totally serious, man! he musta played 50 or 60 songs!!" Now I just laughed. "OK.. the fun's over, let's get to work". It took about an hour, a few comments from folks on the street, and a walk to this Toad club before the depression began to set in. I clenched my fists as I walked faster and faster past all of these smiling, happy people. The whole town wore a smile of deep awareness. The sky grew dark and foreboding. My tightened fists began to shake as the lump in my throat grew painful. This is a nightmare.. that's what it is... I'm cozy in my hotel bed right now. I need to wake myself. The tears began to soak my precious garment. Even that couldn't wake me. So here I lie. I't's been over ten years, and I can find no way to pull myself out of this New Haven Nightmare. Every night I lie here and watch "I Love Lucy" while less than a mile from me Dylan is performing one of the most historic concerts of his life. Wake up, Craig!
© -2002 Craig Pinkerton Bobsboots.com
© 1999-2002 Craig Pinkerton - Site by eve, Incorporated